Sunday, September 6, 2009

Music Blogs Are A LifeSaver for an Obscure Listener Like Me

It's been a long time since I just posted an entry where I actually wrote more than a short paragraph. My life isn't too exciting so there isn't much to report on. I will talk about something I do online and very often on Blogger.com.

I like surfing music blogs, you can find some very rare music on them. In fact, it's one of the few places I spend my time looking for music. I don't have any music to offer myself such as all the contributors who own blogs and actively post on them. I try to leave comments because when I post things I hope for a comment. These people are doing a favor by uploading and sharing something from their own collections. Too bad many of the music blogs get shut down or stop updating because they've "moved past" their music sharing days. Or all the dead links to material. That can be quite frustrating when you search and search and finally come upon something and find that you can't have it. It's like dangling a candy bar in front of a fat kid and telling him if he cleans his room or does his homework he'll receive his reward. He does the deed and winds up empty handed. But what can you do? Move on to the next blog hoping you'll find a link that works.

My taste most lie in awfully bad music in a soundtrack persuasion. 80s movie soundtracks are without a doubt my favorite to listen to and you have no idea how excited I was to find the rare "Prom Night" album on Vinnie's blog. I've come to appreciate that blog along with The Inferno Music Crypt , I have to check in on them at least once a week to know what's new. I'm sure I will come to appreciate many more that I encounter along my trek of the music blogger highway.

Until then, keeping kicking out the jams!

No comments:

Post a Comment