Wednesday, July 22, 2009

If You Love Buffy, You'll Love Rain



RAIN, a Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin-off deals with a young woman named Rain ( played by Mila Kunis), a potential slayer who's powers were activated when Willow used the scythe in Buffy's season finale. Throughout the episodes, she deals with controlling her abilities and discovering that she and her Watcher, Madeline Blake, are dealing with an altogether new type of Slayer.

The Show's Homepage | Read The Episodes | Visit OOTM

THIS IS NOT A REAL TELEVISION SERIES.
I DID NOT CREATE/DESIGN/PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROJECT.
I AM JUST A FAN.

I never get infectious with any kinds of fanfiction. But, Rain, a spin-off to the wildly popular TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one exception. It's a rarity among countless stories that pass through websites, blogs, and forums. But I find that this one truly is. I'll start out at the beginning at how I came to enjoy this story.

I started my online journey with quickly becoming obsessed with digital art: wallpapers, icons, banners, wallscrolls, and many other mediums. I visited many art sites that fellow graphic artists had on their own. One of the first sites that quickly obtained my interest was an art site by the name Obsession of the Moment. As it was so aptly titled, the site owner created art for tv shows she loved. The main shows were Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. I loved her art, it was different than what I had seen, it was more beautiful. Time was put in to make wonderful art from a mixture of effects, textures, and brushes. The owner, Beth, she was the person who created the story along with a friend, Odelia.

Rain, is an online tv show which is popular on the internet for die hard fans of any show. Beth only posted 6 episodes online before she went off to university for her masters and (sadly) without a computer by her side. The part of her site involved with it goes unfinished as the same with the story.

One day, I hope the story will get a continution. There is a listed 18 episodes, whether or not they were actually written and never posted, I do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment