Sunday, February 15, 2009

keanu ; freaks and geeks ; black circle boys

People that rag on Keanu Reeves acting ability piss me off. Keanu Reeves is one of my favorite actors of all time. I've been such a big fan of his for years now and it pisses me off when people says he can't act. It's not that, they just cannot stand his voice! "He sounds like a baffoon!" If you have seen any movies of his other than The Matrix or Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and Bogus Journey, you would surely be able to tell the man has some acting chops besides sounding like a surfer dude. I love him in many of the films. I enjoy his action films like Point Break, Speed, and Street Kings but I really like him as that abusive hillbilly in The Gift , I did not even recognize him in that role. I thought his loser-y role in the black comedy I Love You To Death was great too. I think people are just way to harsh on some actors and they don't need to be, I'm sure its shitty enough having no privacy nowadays, now they get haggled about every little thing they do or don't do. Give it a fucking break, folks.

Just for you:


I finished watching Freaks and Geeks : The Complete Series and it was amazing. Another show that should have lasted longer than it did. It was highly praise but like every good show, it didn't stand a chance in the ratings due to NBC's nifty schedule changes. In watching it, you really do end up loving both the freaks and the geeks because you can relate to them in some way. I love how the show neglects to actually pay attention to the popular and pretty kids only viewing them from a petty stand point. My favorite character's are Daniel Desario (James Franco) and Bill Haverchuck (Martin Starr). There are many cameos in it one notably by Ben Stiller in one of the final episodes. I may actually buy this series if I ever see it at a store, it's really wonderful and I recommend to everyone.

Another movie I watched was Black Circle Boys, what a dark, dark film. And not because it was on Youtube. It basically is about cults, drugs & alcohol, and girls. It starred a rather young Scott Bairstow who looks a helluva lot like Hayden Christensen and Eric Mabius as the whackjob Satanist. I think the only bad part of the film is when they kill a cat, I'm firmly against animal abuse but the scene is short and you don't actually see the cat get killed. Why didn't they just visit the butcher and get some fricking blood, I mean, really...they could have. The film has HUGE underlying gay currents in it. It's about a brotherhood of Satanists almost but really teen headbangers who think they are "hardcore" because they listen to metal and worship "Father" they mention several times. The one warped part was seeing New Kids' alumni Donnie Wahlberg as a gay drug dealer/Satanist that was way into kink...that threw me and freaked me out. If I found this somewhere on DVD for 10 dollars, I'd buy it. It goes for that much on Amazon and whatnot so maybe I could find it in store where everything is on backorder. I hate when things I want are on backorder.

I could totally write slash for that movie. I'm really not into writing things like that but for the characters Kyle and Shane, I could. I was thinking about it when I watched it. I still may if I watch the movie again. I wonder if others have ever wrote some??? I'll have to look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment